TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON EXAMINATIONS
28 Apr 2016
The Gibraltar Academy of Music and Performing Arts is proud to announce the introduction to Gibraltar of the Trinity College London Music and Drama Exams. After months of hard work the Academy has become a recognized examination centre for Trinity College London. Trinity offers graded exams for a wide range of instruments and singing, from Initial to Grade 8. These exams offer the choice and flexibility to allow candidates to play to their strengths, enabling them to gain recognition for their own unique skills as performers.
We are also introducing the Trinity ROCK and POP exams, for musicians who focus on this style of music and are still interested in taking their exams.
We will be holding our first set of Trinity Rock and Pop exams this June.
When you take our Rock & Pop exams, you’ll improve your musical skills and your achievements will be recognised. You’ll also play some great music.
These exams include many distinctive new features:
- Learn through performance: The exams reflect the way rock and pop performers learn – through playing the music. You’ll perform three songs, usually to a backing track, and learn the important skills you’ll need as a musician.
- Play great music: In your exam you’ll be playing and singing great classic and recent tracks - our song lists feature a wide range of artists from the Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Joni Mitchell through to Radiohead, Kings of Leon and Jessie J.
- Improve your technique: We’ve carefully chosen songs that are appropriate for each exam – songs that will improve the technical aspects of your playing, building your skills as you progress through the grades.
- Make your exam your own: You can tailor your exam so that it showcases your musical personality – you can choose to perform a cover version of a favourite song, you can accompany yourself, you can play to your own backing track or, if you’re a songwriter, you can perform one of your own songs.
- Boost your confidence: The exams give you invaluable experience of planning and playing a set - a perfect preparation for auditions and performances in the future.
- Songbooks, downloads and videos: We’ve provided a wealth of resources to support you - songbooks, downloads of individual songs, and videos of professional musicians explaining the technical elements of the music. The songbook for each exam includes:
- sheet music for six songs
- backing and demo tracks on CD
- background information on the songs
- performance hints and tips
- an explanation of the technical elements
- support for Session skills.
- Use the latest technology: Our songbooks and downloads contain backing and demo tracks for the songs and Session skills, and our online videos show professional musicians demonstrating technical skills.
- Dynamic song lists: Great new rock and pop songs are being written every day, and we’ll reflect that by adding new songs to our song lists and posting new downloads and videos.
- Ideal for self-taught musicians: The resources provided for each exam mean that the Rock & Pop exams are ideal for musicians teaching themselves as well as those taking lessons. Everything you need to prepare for a career in the music industry is available on the website.
Accredited qualifications: Every exam has been allocated a level and a number of credits in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
We have also been working very closely with the College of Further Education as all ABRSM exams will be held at our premises in order to make these exams more seamless for all students.
The Gibraltar Academy of Music and Performing Arts is very proud to be offering tuition and examination opportunities to students who choose to study both Classical and Rock and Pop music as well as Acting and Drama. If you are interested in furthering your education in any discipline stated above, do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or visit our website www.gampa.gi